beyondblue is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other relevant state laws in relation to the management of personal information.
Why we collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information so you can:
- register and participate in the Just Speak Up website (which is an online community for women who experience depression, anxiety, or other mental health problems during pregnancy or in the year following birth.
- If you choose to join our Just Speak Up website by completing our online registration form, we will collect your name and email address. We will deal with your personal information in the following ways:
- The personal information collected as part of the Just Speak Up online community registration process is recorded against your user profile to enable us to:
- Meet our website management needs (for example, by enabling you to become a
member of the online community); and
- engage in direct marketing activities via email (if you have registered your email
address with us and have not "opted-out").
- We may disclose your personal information:
- to our service providers (such as our IT service providers);
- if you have consented to the disclosure;
- where disclosure is necessary to prevent injury to life or health or
- if required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order
We do not directly disclose personal information to recipients located overseas.
The types of information that may be collected as a result of your use of the Just Speak Up website:
- the fact that you have visited the Just Speak Up website and the date and time of your visit;
- statistical information about your server address and your top level domain name (for example, .com, .com.au, .gov.au, .co.uk. etc);
- the pages you have accessed and the documents you have downloaded;
- the previous site you visited (if you have linked to the Just Speak Up website and
- the type of browser you use.
We will not make any attempt to identify you or your browsing activities from the collection of this information.
What if you do not provide your personal information?
If you choose not to provide your name and email address then you will not be able to participate in Just Speak Up online community.
Sharing other people's stories
How to contact us
Post: Attention: The Privacy Officer
PO Box 6100
Hawthorn West, VIC, 3121
This Privacy Collection Statement was last updated November 2017 and may change from time to time. Any updated versions will be posted on this website and will be effective from the date of posting.
In this Privacy Collection Statement, references to "beyondblue", "we", and "our" are references to Beyond Blue Limited ACN 093 865 840.