Hi All, about one week ago i started feeling anxiety and its been up and down since. Mostly down. I have taken on a number of steps right away to help me through this, and found of it helpful:
- I am self-employed and take a lot on, so i have delegated some of my workload to my staff
- set parameters regarding use of work phone, emails after hours. This is my-time/ family-time. Work can wait till tomorrow.
- exercise: more walks in the evening. I am also looking to join an outdoor fitness group.
- yoga: i will start going today for my first time
- breathing: although i find this doesn't help me too much. I am persisting as i believe it may take time
- talking about it with family and experts. I am seeing a psychologist about it and had my first session yesterday which did help.
This is all a new feeling for me, I have never come across this before. I am normally so strong, happy and positive. And its been a big shock to me to be feeling like this. I am still trying to work out what has caused or lead to this.
My main issue is sleeping. I could not calm myself to go to sleep tonight. This occured a few days ago too. I lay in bed thinking, with a fear. Not really sure of what. I am tingly and nervous with shortness of breath. Sometimes i am thinking about nothing and i try to calm down, do breathing, and focus on the 'now' and whats happening but i still can't cope and calm down to eventually sleep. I also try and focus on the things i am putting into place in my life to change what i feel may have contributed to this feeling. ie my life action plan. Unfortunately this didn't really help last night.
For anyone that is similar to me, what advice do you have to help go to sleep?