Oh ayyjude I can sooo relate to you.
Every time I move into a new place (even my first night in a hotel room on holiday) I don't sleep. I'm terrified of every noise and the silence is so deafening that I think it's going to suffocate me.
Here's my advice. Some may not be relevant to you, I hope some of it is.
1. Cut yourself some slack. The more you freak out about the fact you're not sleeping... The more you won't sleep.
2. Tell someone you trust how you're feeling. You'd be surprised how many other people (even those who have never had issues with anxiety before) felt the same thing.
We are biologically hard wired to be on alert in strange places. It's millions of years of evolution trying to protect us from danger.
3. Alcohol is not your friend. Sure it'll mellow out the anxious symptoms pretty well but your sleep quality will suck.
4. T2 have some fantastic teas that always seem to knock me out in the space of 40 mins. The Dreamer and Sleep Tight are the 2 I can think of.
5. Aromatherapy lavender spray on your pillow.
6. They say familiar smells will calm you. In a hotel I always sleep with a t-shirt I've recently worn on top of my pillow.
Good luck to you