Hello everyone, first time to the forum and here is a bit about my situation.
- I am 28, single and spend most of my time committed to work. I have prioritised work over relationships, social activities etc for the most part of ten years now. I have never had a long term relationship.
- Over the past few months, I have started worrying about the future on a daily basis, what it may bring, am i actually going to find a relationship, worrying about my parents, family members etc. I constantly feel like life is moving on, the clock is ticking down and i am just stuck watching it.I really struggle making decisions and commitment. This is down to the fear of making the wrong decision, being stuck in a situation etc.
- Most nights I struggle to get a solid nights sleep, either can’t get to sleep, or wake up in the middle of the night.
- More often than not have ‘butterflys in my stomach’ for no apparent reason.
- Very irritable with parents and extended family members, some times don’t even want to see or spend time with them.
- Over the past few months I have become to feel more sad and down, lost interest in work and hanging out with friends.
- I Have never told anyone how I feel. I think this has become worse in the past few months, which may party be down to trying to help a friend who has had really bad depression after a failed marriage. I have put a brave face on and have been his sole confident and shoulder to cry on.
- I have never really given any thought to how I have been feeling up until now, but it definitely seems something isn't right.
- From the limited research I have done, i feel as if i am suffering from a mix of Anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD).
I would appreciate anyones input as to my situation and what i should do moving forward.