I'm a little late to the party, and I unfortunately don't have the answers for you Moon, but I thought I'd let you know some of the little things I fear too so you're not alone.
I have the frustrating, stupid problem that I fear the everyday things, but have no issues with issues I should actually worry about, if I was a normal person. Do a speech or debate? Hardly any nerves at all. Act on stage? I'm fine (if I'm prepared). Job interviews are fine for me. It's like I'm ok when I'm playing a "role" I guess.
Things I am terrified of:
- Going to work (every single day) and looking stupid somehow
- Greeting people or even talking to people I know... so I stay at home a lot in my spare time
- Talking on the phone. Massive problem for me in my current job
- Going to the same stores near my house and becoming a 'regular' i.e. I'll have to make familiar conversation with the people that work there every time I go in, so I stop going to those places after a while
- Hanging out with my friends and saying the "wrong" thing in my mind. I can think about this stuff for days afterward
- Simple tasks like ringing up the bank to close my accounts, I put them off forever (at least 5 years now)
I'm currently sitting at my work desk, heart racing for no apparent reason at all. So you're not a weak cry-baby, there must be heaps of us out there feeling the same, putting on a brave face and just struggling through it all!