- I want to be an animator. However the animation industry in Australia is minuscule and I’m sure that I can’t get a job even if I complete a degree. I could get a job in the filming industry, however the filming industry in Australia is not doing well, either.
- I want to get a part time job so that I can support myself financially and don’t have to ask my parents for cash— however I can’t even study well and my parents say that I am not responsible enough for one because I don’t even wash the dishes at home.
- Getting a part time job is just giving me the stigma that art majors are homeless and live in poverty or whatever. My parents joke about how after I finish an animation degree I’ll be forced to wash dishes to pay bills anyway.
- I don’t wash the dishes at home because I want to focus all my time on studying since I am in year 12. The only problem is that I procrastinate too much because I am too daunted to actually do schoolwork.
- I’m failing schoolwork anyway, especially since a lot of my assignments are now just half-finished crap because O procrastinate.
- I hate sharing my problems with real people because I’m scared that I’ll use them like a therapist or they’ll throw me away after they get sick of me. It’s what happened to my best friend.
- I spend most of my time online and roleplay characters since I find it a good way of escapism. I primarily spend my free time watching video essays about media on YouTube.
- I’m skeptical of people who say that I should pursue my career choice, because my parents judge me for being too lazy and never even drawing. I do draw, I just complete hastily finished sketches.
- I’ve been trying to practise violin for my 8th grade violin test— however, because of my above choices I don’t have the motivation to. And I don’t have the motivation to especially since AMEB grades does not contribute to ATAR grades at all. So I end up not practising violin for several weeks.
- Real life is exhausting, and I get discouraged by my choices and my inability to make a good decision. Which forces me to get addicted to online media even more.
I know it’s my fault for getting addicted to social media and that I lack discipline or whatever, but I‘m scared about how I’d rather live online than in real life, and that’s not good for me. Help? Advice?