Welcome to the Healthy Families forums!

This is a space to ask questions, share experiences and support each other. Find a relevant thread or start your own!

Before you can post or reply in these forums, please join our online community and have a read of the community rules. Forum membership is open to anyone residing in Australia.

  • share on Facebook
  • share on Twitter
  • Print page

Topic: What to do?

5 posts, 0 answered
  1. Bonnie1122
    Bonnie1122 avatar
    1 posts
    27 February 2019
    I have am being kicked out of my parents home for disturbing the peace my mum has made. I have no car, not much money and nowhere to really go. I am a senior senior student at school still and freaking out about all this being so close to EST's. Anyone have advice?
  2. Skary Bill
    blueVoices member
    • A member of beyondblue's blueVoices community
    Skary Bill avatar
    145 posts
    27 February 2019 in reply to Bonnie1122

    Hi Bonnie,

    Welcome to the forums. You know, I'm sure there are options out there for you. But most of them are going to be reasonably pricey. The situation at home.. Is it unfixable?


  3. Summer Rose
    Valued Contributor
    • A special award for members who go above and beyond to support others here on the forums
    • A member of beyondblue's blueVoices community
    Summer Rose avatar
    1520 posts
    27 February 2019 in reply to Bonnie1122

    Hi Bonnie

    Welcome to bb and thank you for sharing your story. I am really sorry that you find yourself in such a difficult situation, especially during such an important academic year.

    I think it's fair to say that most parents and teenage daughters experience conflict at one stage or another (this was a common occurrence when my daughter wss 17). It is possible that the directive to leave has been made in anger and will not be followed through.

    However, even if this is the case, I think it might help to ask another adult family member to mediate a discussion with your parents. Perhaps a grandparent, aunt or uncle or close family friend could help.

    If the worst case eventuates and you are made to leave, I suggest you speak with your school counsellor, GP or the parent(s) of a close friend. This is because I belive you are going to need caring adult support to find your way through this.

    I am happy to continue talking. Do you want to share a bit more about what happened or how you are feeling? No pressure to respond but I am here for you.

    Kind thoughts to you

  4. zoeoe
    zoeoe avatar
    6 posts
    3 March 2019 in reply to Bonnie1122

    are you able to ask a friend if you can stay with them until everything gets figured out? do you think your mum might change her mind?
  5. Psychologistry
    blueVoices member
    • A member of beyondblue's blueVoices community
    Psychologistry avatar
    14 posts
    11 March 2019 in reply to Bonnie1122

    You may be able to resolve this issue with your parents. If it doesn't work the first time, try again. Apologize.

    But if that doesn't work, seek the help of a friend. They will be able to let you stay a few nights so you can figure out what to do next.

    Then, consider going to a psychologist. They will be able to thoroughly discuss the issue with you, and may suggest some ideas on what to do.

    I suggest you go to some not-for-profit charities and foster cares and explain the situation. They will provide you essential services, such as food, water and a safe place to rest.

    Until your parents re-allow you into their house or you find an adopter, these options will have to do...

    Hope I helped,


Stay in touch with us

Sign up below for regular emails filled with information, advice and support for you or your loved ones.

Sign me up